The building of the former Imperial Post Offi ce was built from the fundscoming from the French tribute after the Franco-Prussian War in 1883. The structure was built in the Neoclassicist style, featuring front façade with many pinnacles and a clock. The whole building is lined with glazed brick in three colors. The post offi ce operated in Grudziądz as early as the 15th century, when the Municipal Council and affl uent merchants took up the burden of maintaining messengers. Inns, which in the past served as trading posts, have survived in the suburbs to this day.