The first monastery in Grudziądz, built in 1631, was razed by fire during the wars with the Swedes. The present baroque-style building was established in 1728-31, built partially underground in an irregular ?L? shape. The shorter wing is connected to the Holy Spirit?s Church. This structure has also served as a teacher?s college and a care home for the elderly, and presently houses the museum.