The college was funded by Chełmno voivode Jan Działyński. The building was erected in 1647-1725 on a rectangular fl oor plan, featuring two wings from the north. 18th-century polychrome with illusionistic painting of a dome is seen on the vault in the entrance hall. On the fi rst fl oor in the western wing there is a refectory with a cavetto vault and lunettes,featuring stucco decoration dating from 1720?1730. When the Jesuit Order was disbanded in 1718 the building was housing a middle school, and starting from 1816 ? a teachers? training college. In 1897, after the Town Hall in the Grudziądz Market Square was consumed by fi re, the Municipal Offi ce was moved here, operating in thisplace to this day. Starting from July 22, 1956, the Grudziądz bugle callcomposed by Cpt. Stanisław Szpulecki has been played in the Baroque tower.